🔕 🔔

Just came across the better part of a small bottle marked "apple quintessence," or at least that is what is says on the English side of the tag as this item was a souvenir from Quebec. Has anyone cooked with this before and have ideas for using it? Thanks.

asked by healthierkitchen almost 7 years ago

769a1721 ffd2 42b1 a9d4 fb74be20a877  13043 710326588387 72610457 41958734 8076946 n

I'm pretty sure that's like an apple vinegar, you could use it in the place of cider vinegar.

I make these brussel sprouts from a Martha Stewart recipe every Thanksgiving, them would probably be great with an apple vinegar!

http://www.marthastewart...

From what I can find on the 'net it's probably a reduced apple vinegar somewhat reminiscent of a good balsamic. I'd taste it and work from there, but it sounds like it would be good in salads or on vanilla ice cream (but I'm a sucker for things like that).

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

Thanks for the ideas!