Just came across the better part of a small bottle marked "apple quintessence," or at least that is what is says on the English side of the tag as this item was a souvenir from Quebec. Has anyone cooked with this before and have ideas for using it? Thanks.

asked by healthierkitchen about 8 years ago

GunwallsLizzie

I'm pretty sure that's like an apple vinegar, you could use it in the place of cider vinegar.

I make these brussel sprouts from a Martha Stewart recipe every Thanksgiving, them would probably be great with an apple vinegar!

http://www.marthastewart...

Ophelia

From what I can find on the 'net it's probably a reduced apple vinegar somewhat reminiscent of a good balsamic. I'd taste it and work from there, but it sounds like it would be good in salads or on vanilla ice cream (but I'm a sucker for things like that).

healthierkitchen

Thanks for the ideas!