Precooking zucchini for a galette

I want to make the recipe for zucchini and ricotta galette from Smitten Kitchen. However, I'm debating whether I should just salt and drain the zucchini to remove excess moisture, ro if I should sautéed the slices first. I am planning on using a relatively dry ricotta cheese and adding a sprinkle of breadcrumbs over the crust before I fill it to combat sogginess. Any other thoughts?

asked by chez_mere about 1 year ago

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Zucchini cook so fast, especially when they're sliced thinly, I don't think you need to go through that extra step of sautéing. Definitely purge with salt, but their moisture will keep the ricotta from drying out too much and they should brown nicely if you bake the galette in a moderate-high heat.

chez_mere

Thanks for the advice and reassurance!