🔕 🔔

Precooking zucchini for a galette

I want to make the recipe for zucchini and ricotta galette from Smitten Kitchen. However, I'm debating whether I should just salt and drain the zucchini to remove excess moisture, ro if I should sautéed the slices first. I am planning on using a relatively dry ricotta cheese and adding a sprinkle of breadcrumbs over the crust before I fill it to combat sogginess. Any other thoughts?

asked by chez_mere 5 months ago

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Zucchini cook so fast, especially when they're sliced thinly, I don't think you need to go through that extra step of sautéing. Definitely purge with salt, but their moisture will keep the ricotta from drying out too much and they should brown nicely if you bake the galette in a moderate-high heat.

79e832e7 7554 4b74 b9bb edd6540d1515  fullsizeoutput 1ba7

Thanks for the advice and reassurance!