🔕 🔔

If I use auto cook on my oven how long would it take to roast a chicken average size taking into consideration oven cycles, and resting.

By auto cook I mean setting oven to come on and cook while I'm away from home. Time to heat up, time to cook, time for oven to cool and chicken to rest.

asked by Kmms about 1 month ago

added about 1 month ago

I think that's a question for your oven's User Manual....

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

added about 1 month ago

That's impossible to determine without understanding your oven. I'd just experiment a bit with some cheap chickens from the supermarket.

Your scenario seems a bit odd and I wonder if even the manual would totally address. I think most suggested schedules would assume the chicken is removed from the oven at the time it was completely cooked. The come home to a hot dinner thing which is usually what people want. You seem to be planning on eating a cold/lukewarm chicken that after it completed cooking, stayed in the residual heat ( drying out) as the oven cooled. Would timing things so it completes cooking at the time you expect to arrive home work? Even if you do not have to tend to the chicken (other than remove from oven to rest) you probably are not going to walk in the door and sit down to eat 2 minutes later.