🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Honey Oat Chewies

4aba5577 7ef2 47e6 8241 c2cde13f5886  2015 0324 honey oat cookies bobbi lin 0444

I have a question about the recipe "Honey Oat Chewies" from ChristineB. Could this dough be pressed into an 8" by 8" pan to be made into bars instead of cookies? Maybe a 9" by 13" pan?

asked by Jenny 14 days ago

A7cab743 a17a 4165 8a17 268a6202f527  img 6863

Yes, absolutely! I made them into bars a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure I used a 9x9in pan (not 100% sure though...you want them to be about 1-1.5 in thick) Just line the pan with parchment or foil, and bake at 325 F until the edges are golden brown and the center is cooked through. You'll lose the nice contrast between crispy edge and chewy center in each little cookie, but you'll save time baking in a pan!