Old, stale questions that need to be tossed out

On the first page of Hotline questions, there are seven questions (more than 33%) that are over three years old and one more than 10 months old. To those of you answering these ancient history questions: the original question has either been answered or it's too late to help. And the old questions clutter up this page. And to the editors: PLEASE disable the reply mode on these old questions.

asked about 1 year ago

former Community Editor

Hi Margie - thank you again for the suggestion, as noted, it has been passed shared with our product team. Currently, we don't have the ability to sunset older discussions or disable the ability to answer questions. I understand that it's aggravating to have older questions taking over the first page of the Hotline! We appreciate your patience as new features take time to be considered and built.

Thanks for answering, Lindsay Jean. It's too bad something can't be done to limit the questions, but at least now we know it isn't possible.

If they can't be removed, start new threads with a simple title. It will be the first to pop up so maybe people will respond to it. Plus, any information (replies) given will be current. Just a thought. BB☂️

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I think that if you google a specific topic, Food52 questions will appear on the search...its happened to me before. I've always assumed that's how someone answers the questions without realizing how old they are.

And the answers or discussion are (still) useful to someone now, even if the original post started years ago.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I always laugh when I see the Anthony Bourdain garlic press question resurface.