How long are homemade cookies good for?

I'm working on a promotion and would like to mail out cookies to accompany our product for the recipients to try. Is this realistic? How long would homemade cookies last if they aren't frozen and what type of cookie would you say holds up best without being frozen?

asked by Jessica Thelander 10 months ago

Lebkuchen actually improves with some age, can last for months.

Many of the old traditional European cookies can last a long time as they were invented in an era where there was no refrigeration.

Perhaps others will mention some of these.

How long a cookie "lasts" depends greatly upon the type of cookie as well as how it is being stored. Most cookies, if kept in an airtight tin, will remain fresh for at least 5 days.
Brownies are one of the easiest types of cookies to store and ship.
If you gave us some idea of what you would like to send, we could give you a more explicit answer.

Search here (Hotline) for old threads on biscotti.
Bake a recipe without butter or oil.
Store airtight in metal or plastic box.
Claims of duration vary from 4 weeks (top quality) to 10 weeks.

Am I the only one around here who doesn't consider Biscotti real cookies? Yes, I know they'll keep for a long time, but for me they are way too hard to eat without dunking. When I think of a cookie, I think of Chocolate chip or Oatmeal Raisin, or sugar cookies, or brownies.

OK, they are holograms.
Or they just don't fit your model of a cookie.