What do I do with a pint of cream sauce left over from yom kippur--the kind they put pickled herring in, but without the herring? It's delicious and I don't want it to go to waste but... Not sure what to do with it.

asked by fozziebayer almost 8 years ago

Did it have herring in it before?

fozziebayer

One container was just the cream sauce with onions (originally for topping pickled salmon), the other container had herring in it. Seriously it's more than I know what to do with but im sure it could be great in some capacity.

Autoimmune Paleo Lifestyle

I would use it to make a quiche or a savory bread pudding. Or a soup like cream of mushroom and add your flavored cream into it.