Convert beef recipe to chicken

My wife doesn't eat red meat, so I am considering using chicken in a recipe written for beef. Any thoughts, tips, or tricks?

Thanks!

PS the specific recipe I'm considering as my first experiment is here: http://paleogrubs.com/beef-tagine-with-squash. Specific tips on this one are welcome too!

asked by Brooklynite 12 months ago

Liz D

I'd just use boneless chicken thighs in place of the beef, and I don't think I'd cook it that long, maybe only an hour, until chicken & squash are tender.

Brooklynite

Would you still cube? I'm trying to cut the thighs into 3/4" cubes and realizing they just don't have the same mass and density that I imagine need shoulder having.

Liz D

I'd just cut into as even and large pieces as possible, and again, I wouldn't cook as long, just until chicken & squash are tender. It won't be the same as using beef, but I think it would still be a tasty dish

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris