Convert beef recipe to chicken

My wife doesn't eat red meat, so I am considering using chicken in a recipe written for beef. Any thoughts, tips, or tricks?

Thanks!

PS the specific recipe I'm considering as my first experiment is here: http://paleogrubs.com/beef-tagine-with-squash. Specific tips on this one are welcome too!

asked by Brooklynite about 1 year ago

Liz D

I'd just use boneless chicken thighs in place of the beef, and I don't think I'd cook it that long, maybe only an hour, until chicken & squash are tender.

Brooklynite

Would you still cube? I'm trying to cut the thighs into 3/4" cubes and realizing they just don't have the same mass and density that I imagine need shoulder having.

Liz D

I'd just cut into as even and large pieces as possible, and again, I wouldn't cook as long, just until chicken & squash are tender. It won't be the same as using beef, but I think it would still be a tasty dish