A question about a recipe: Lamb Meatballs with Spinach and Orzo

Af8dc79b 743d 49ef 8b1f 216544768d05  recipe lamb

I have a question about the recipe "Lamb Meatballs with Spinach and Orzo" from Molly Gilbert. How can I prepare just the meatballs? I don’t want the orzo

asked by Becky 10 months ago

C Sangueza

It looks like you could either pan fry, or bake the meatballs until the meat is done. I make lamb meatballs often, and although the recipe calls for grilling them on a stick, I just cook them in the frying pan until they are cooked through. It will be easier if they are kept pretty small. She does instructions for baking the meatballs as well, and if you don't use the orzo, there will just be more liquid in the bottom of the pan.

I would just add a lot less of the liquid, perhaps 3/4 to 1 cup or so (I would add some, just to keep it moist). You may be able to leave it out, but I think it would be better to include some.

I’ve made these without the orzo. I used one cup of broth. I think I’d cut it back to 3/4 cup. I don’t eat any grains so I used ground pork rinds in place of the breadcrumbs. Sounds weird, but when pork rinds are cooked, they no longer taste porky.