What's a good substitute for pita crisps

You could try bagel chips (plain!) or a simple cracker like a Carr's water cracker, but I'd probably get a good baguette, slice it super thinly, and toast the slices on a baking sheet at 350 degrees.

lavash bread (available at middle eastern markets and some supermarkets). Cut and sprayed with olive oil and baked just a few mins.

Any more details on you need to sub them? Diet, don't have them on hand, taste, calories..etc.

Jean | Delightful Repast

I *love* ak-mak! Armenian cracker bread. They are whole wheat crackers with sesame seeds, and I serve them with my hummus and baba ghanoush. Go to akmakbakeries.com (and, no, I am not connected with the company in any way, so this is not a shameless self-promoting plug!).
Jean | Delightful Repast | http://delightfulrepast.com