What is the difference between a Staub Essential French Oven and a Staub Cocotte?

In the Food52 shop, they have Staub essential French Oven's and Staub Cocotte's. I was under the impression that a Cocotte was a French Oven! What is the difference here, could somebody explain?

Thanks!

asked by Sophia 11 months ago

Customer Care

Hi Sophia! Great question. In our shop, we call our Food52 x Staub Essential a French oven to distinguish its shape from the traditional Staub cocotte shape. But French ovens and cocottes have a very similar look and functionality, and both are excellent choices for one-pot classics like like soups, stews, and braises!