🔕 🔔

The sides of my cheesecake when removed from pan appear to be very moist as well as my crust. How do i gix this?

I cooked the cheesecake at 400 degrees for an hour and then 350 degrees for 15 minutes in a water bath. It appears some water seeped into my springform. What should the sides of my cake appear like when the cake is cooked? Mine is wet...not running. It has maintained it's shape and still standing. Also, how do i fix a wet crust? This is urgent. Cake is for Thanksgiving.

asked by Alaina 6 months ago

Suzanne D'Amato
Suzanne D'Amato

Suzanne is the Editor-in-Chief of Food52.

You probably won't be able to make this crust perfectly crisp, but you can try blotting it gently with a paper towel to absorb some of the moisture. You also can slice off the crust and serve this as more of a cheese custard.