🔕 🔔

The sides of my cheesecake when removed from pan appear to be very moist as well as my crust. How do i gix this?

I cooked the cheesecake at 400 degrees for an hour and then 350 degrees for 15 minutes in a water bath. It appears some water seeped into my springform. What should the sides of my cake appear like when the cake is cooked? Mine is wet...not running. It has maintained it's shape and still standing. Also, how do i fix a wet crust? This is urgent. Cake is for Thanksgiving.

asked by Alaina about 2 months ago

943ef19e ba69 4112 8de6 b4111eef31da  img 0051 1
Suzanne D'Amato

Suzanne is the Editor-in-Chief of Food52.

added about 2 months ago

You probably won't be able to make this crust perfectly crisp, but you can try blotting it gently with a paper towel to absorb some of the moisture. You also can slice off the crust and serve this as more of a cheese custard.

added about 2 months ago

Thanks for responding, but I fear the cake is too wet to remove from the bottom of the springform pan to sit on top of papertowels. I can't place it back in the oven at a lower temperature to try to remove the moisture? Also, should the sides of my cake be extremely moist? Is it still cooked? When I took it out of the oven once cooled, it felt like I baked a regular cake and soaked it in a ton of rum. Now after several hours in the fridge, the sides are more solid and the bottom isn't dripping too much. However, in the photo below, the crust still seems moist.

786f5630 b12b 4d53 a147 68bd7ad1b112  1511356994246355814647

Suzanne D'Amato

added about 2 months ago

Unfortunately, baking it longer may result in a cheesecake that's more dry/less creamy than you'd like. In case it helps, here's another Hotline thread from 5 years ago on this exact topic! It has a couple of other suggestions you might find interesting...I hope it helps: https://food52.com/hotline...