I forgot to grease the pie plate for a press-in crust (coconut, oats, almonds, egg white). it's stuck. can i blitz it again and start over?

It's a gluten free pie crust from Bon Appetit. You blitz the ingredients in the food processor, press in and bake for 20 minutes. I realized 12 hours later I forgot to butter the dish. Can i treat it like a cookie crust and blitz it in the processor, then add melted butter and start over again?

Suzanne D'Amato
Suzanne D'Amato November 22, 2017

It's an interesting idea, and one that could work in theory—but for Thanksgiving, when you're making something to serve to guests, I'd just make a new crust. Gluten-free baking can be a bit finicky and this may not be the best moment to experiment.

alexia schmidt
alexia schmidt November 22, 2017

Thanks. I will remake the crust, and grease the pan this time, since it was so easy. But I'm going to save the old one for the weekend and test it as a cookie crust with butter. I just looked at the original recipe (i'm using just the crust part for a chocolate pudding pie) https://www.bonappetit... and they don't mention greasing the pan in the instructions.