🔕 🔔

I forgot to grease the pie plate for a press-in crust (coconut, oats, almonds, egg white). it's stuck. can i blitz it again and start over?

It's a gluten free pie crust from Bon Appetit. You blitz the ingredients in the food processor, press in and bake for 20 minutes. I realized 12 hours later I forgot to butter the dish. Can i treat it like a cookie crust and blitz it in the processor, then add melted butter and start over again?

asked by alexia schmidt 24 days ago

943ef19e ba69 4112 8de6 b4111eef31da  img 0051 1
Suzanne D'Amato

Suzanne is the Editor-in-Chief of Food52.

It's an interesting idea, and one that could work in theory—but for Thanksgiving, when you're making something to serve to guests, I'd just make a new crust. Gluten-free baking can be a bit finicky and this may not be the best moment to experiment.

E7523da4 b9ca 4098 ba2f 5b6cb200307a  alexia

Thanks. I will remake the crust, and grease the pan this time, since it was so easy. But I'm going to save the old one for the weekend and test it as a cookie crust with butter. I just looked at the original recipe (i'm using just the crust part for a chocolate pudding pie) https://www.bonappetit... and they don't mention greasing the pan in the instructions.