is this eatable? i opened the wrapper on my turkey and saw that the skin around the neck looked moldy.,

the wings also have a few dark spots and the breast has a discolored look. reddish like bruised. Is it safe to eat?

asked by Rosemary Chavarin 12 months ago

The folks here will be able to better assist you if you post photos of the bird.

Stephanie B.

If there is mold on your meat then NO do not eat it.

Rosemary Chavarin

the whole turkey looks discolored.

Voted the Best Answer!

It does look rather bruised, something that happens during the poultry processing. Usually bruised poultry is reserved for industrial purposes (canned soup, etc.) and does not make it to the retail grocery stores.

I think you would be perfectly in your right to bring back the bird to the store where you got it from an ask for an exchange or refund.