A question about a recipe: Rose Levy Beranbaum's Chocolate Oblivion Truffle Torte

59ef9b56 64aa 4d51 aabb 225ad73b49f9  2016 0202 flourless chocolate oblivion cake julia gartland 0067

I have a question about the recipe "Rose Levy Beranbaum's Chocolate Oblivion Truffle Torte" from Genius Recipes. Do you think I'd be able to hand-whip the eggs for this recipe with a whisk (and some considerable energy)?

asked by ariel a about 1 year ago

It would take some very considerable energy (maybe a whole team's worth)—if you have even a hand mixer or immersion blender, you'll be able to get the volume you need more easily. Check out the photos on the recipe page to see what you're looking for. Good luck!

Yes, cooks made cakes with eggs whipped like this before B Franklin's discovery or late 19th early 20th C building of electricity networks, but it's hard and long process.
If you want; go ahead.
If not, make another rich chocolate cake.

ariel a

Thanks guys! I just moved cross-country, so I'm baking with some pretty minimal equipment. I'll let you know what happens if i attempt it!