🔕 🔔

Is it true that the longer/crispier you bake your cookies-the sweeter they taste?

My Dad claims not only do over-baked cookies taste sweeter to him but also that he heard that is a fact, while watching a cooking show. Any thoughts?

asked by Christine Vichi 24 days ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Sorry for the delay, Christine! I haven't heard that before, exactly, but I bet it has something to do with the Maillard reaction, which will definitely make browner/crispier cookies taste all-around richer and better. Here's more intel so you and your dad can keep discussing! https://food52.com/blog...