How long can eggs be left out?

Do you mean until they hatch into chickens?

innoabrd

American eggs are 'washed', which means that the outer, natural coating has been removed and they really should be refrigerated, though as Amanda says, you can do it for a bit. European eggs, however, are not subjected to the same treatment and can be stored at room temp.

When I was on a three-week wilderness trip a few years ago, the outfitter, a firm with a great reputation, packed our eggs in a box rather than a cooler.

leftoverquiche

Yes Greenstuff. I have been on a 3 week and several one week wilderness trips, also packed by reputable companies and the eggs are kept in a cool box. Not cooler. Never a problem.