🔕 🔔

Can you mix spaghetti squash and zoodles in the same recipe?

Im making shrimp alfredo and plan on using both spaghetti squash and zoodles...but then started wondering if I was making a mistake mixing the two?

asked by Eswag about 2 months ago

3d6b515c 5134 4af9 8148 ce3943eda528  1px white
added about 2 months ago

While I've never tried it, I think it should work. I've cooked both separately many times.

Spaghetti squash tends to be rather wet and mushy, so I'd add it at the very end. Any additional cooking is going to make it more into purée.

Possible substitutions for the spaghetti squash (which is currently out of season) would be carrot zoodles and/or turnip zoodles.

Have fun with it!

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH
added about 2 months ago

I would like to hear about how this comes out. I live in the Midwest so spaghetti squash and all the late summer squashes are in season and plentiful. When I use zoodles I quick sautee them so I would love to know how you combine them.

added about 2 months ago

Well for one... I changed it to shrimp scampi. I cooked both separately. And waited until the platingg to mix them together. Turned out great! Nice texture combination and flavor palette!

added about 2 months ago

I basically modified this recipe. I cooked the spaghetti squash and zoodles before the shrimp, added some lemon juice to the butter, oil, garlic mixture once the shrimp was in to lighten it up a bit. Plated the "pasta" and mixed them up, added shrimp scampi with some lemon juice amd parm, and then mixed them again. It was great. http://paleogrubs.com/spaghetti...