🔕 🔔

If a recipe calls for a sauteed shallot and you dont have 1-What can you substitute?

It is my own recipe for pork scallopini in a white wine cream sauce. It was PERFECT and my husband wants it again, but I am waiting for holiday deliveries and wrapping presents and don't want to go to the market to get a shallot. Wondering what combination of onion and garlic I should use to try and duplicate the taste? I have both a yellow onion and a sweet onion. Which one should I use and how much garlic per 1/2 diced onion should I use?

asked by Christine Vichi about 1 month ago

kim
added about 1 month ago

I've used white onion and I've also used Egyptian Walking Onion as a substitute.