🔕 🔔

Hokkaido milk bread - no mixer

I'd like to make some Hokkaido milk bread (I'm thinking of the ladyandpups recipe, possible?) but I have no stand mixer, and as a corollary, no dough hook. Is this even possible? I assume people made milk bread before kitchenaid made mixers, but I can't find a recipe to indicate that this is the case.

asked by Imogen 29 days ago

3d6b515c 5134 4af9 8148 ce3943eda528  1px white

Gee, I found this Hokkaido milk bread recipe hosted on this very site that has no reference to electric mixers:

https://food52.com/recipes...

As you mentioned, people have been making this preparation without electric mixers.

Best of luck.

Ahh thank you! I feel a little silly that it was right under my nose but appreciate the help nonetheless.