🔕 🔔

I'm cooking 5 lamb shoulders in my oven for about 15h at 65 C, will this be sufficient?

I have laid the lamb shoulders in cooking bags. The oven is pretty full so I'm afraid this will effects how long time I should estimate. The oven has a fan.

asked by Matias Gjestvang Greaker about 1 month ago

D82ffef1 ea1c 4f2f 815d f0569f66c652  fb avatar
added about 1 month ago

Here is a picture of the lamb shoulders.

07419fe0 6f29 4594 aaed c7fdcfa387dc  2017 12 21 photo 00002391

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

added about 1 month ago

Hi Matias, I think you'll definitely want to rotate their positions during cooking to compensate for any hot or cold spots in your oven. And as far as timing goes, I'm going to see if I can get someone with more lamb experience to weigh in!

added about 1 month ago

OK thanks, I have also laid them in a oven pan full of water and covered that with aluminium foil, with the idea of creating a sous vide kinda effect.

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

added about 1 month ago

Use a thermometer to check the internal temp of the meat but it sounds like 15 hrs would do it