🔕 🔔

Rack of Lamb Recipe

I am cooking rack of lamb for the first time at a dinner party, in someone else's kitchen. I am looking for a great, somewhat foolproof recipe. I was thinking of coating the rack with olive bread crumbs/mustard/herbs, but I wouldn't mind a marinade, so that the lamb is super flavorful and tender. I would love not to have to sear the lamb before it goes into the oven, and the more I can do in advance, the better. Any/all advice would be appreciated!

asked by Cristina Sciarra over 4 years ago

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

Fool proof, my go-to. And it can be any combination of the herbs. I've done just rosemary before or added oregano. I do find I like more hebs, so I use their mix for herbs on one rack. http://www.epicurious.com...

I don't have the recipe immediately available, but I always use Barabara Kafka's recipe from Roasting. Preheat oven to 500 (I usually do 450), mix whole grainemustard, crushed garlic, and 1T olive oil and rosemary (I use thyme or whatever), salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minute for rare. Foolproof.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

This is the exact way I do it. Never fails. I never marinate it beforehand - a rack of lamb (or good loin lamb chops) are flavorful and tender as they are. I just rub the mixture on an hour or so before roasting, when the meat is coming to room temp before going into the oven.

I don't have the recipe immediately available, but I always use Barabara Kafka's recipe from Roasting. Preheat oven to 500 (I usually do 450), mix whole grainemustard, crushed garlic, and 1T olive oil and rosemary (I use thyme or whatever), salt and pepper. Coat the racks with this. Roast for 20 minute for rare. Foolproof.

I like to marinate mine in a mixture of lemon juice, dijon mustard and rosemary. Delicious.

You don't have to sear it and just make sure you don't over cook it. Super easy and delish. I too use whole grain mustard, herbs etc.
Cheers
irina

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Your crumb/mustard coat sounds delicious, you could simply crush garlic with some salt and add olive oil to make a paste, I would add some lemon zest because I love citrus with meat, do like amysarah said and let it sit on the roast while it comes to room temp, add your crumbs and mustard , no need to sear and roast. I love lamb!

16f72ccb 3197 434b a946 8e9e68a3715f  cristina 014 web final

Thank you all so much for the great advice! I think I will use a combination of everyone's suggestions. I'll let you know how it turns out!

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Marinate as you wish. Most racks come with 8 bones. I cut in half (4 bone pieces), bbq to medium rare, then cut the 4 bone piece in half and crisscross (interlock the bones) the two bone pieces on the plate for a nice presentation.