🔕 🔔

Does anyo e have advice on making Beef Wellington ahead of time

Planning on making for NY Eve and would like to prep as much in advance as possible.

asked by GwenS 21 days ago

Lots of results on Google but Martha can (usually) be counted on to have a recipe that makes sense.
https://www.marthastewart...

I prepped everything the night before I wanted to serve it -- the searing, mustard, duxelles, proscuitto, all of it -- and then left it well-wrapped in cling film in the fridge until the next day. I just had to wrap it in the puff pastry and bake it the day of, and it tasted great to me! Maybe letting it sit at room temperature a bit before wrapping in the puff pastry would have been beneficial, but I don't know about that for sure.

60dde45d 3ccc 404f bad5 c7ae5ad3d3db  wi3

There was just a Food Network segment on that - and in fact, the restaurant made the Wellington 24 hours in advance and kept it in refrigeration until baking. It was an Alton Brown segment.

0a62c55f 38bb 4f00 aefc 1de6685070d9  stringio

Fine Cooking has an excellent recipe with make ahead tips for Wellington. And there certainly is no Proscuitto in it. What the heck, whoever thought that up?