Coffee-Whole Bean or Ground?

We use whole bean coffee and grind it daily. However, I bought a bag of ground coffee that was recommended to us and it is very good.
My question is...if both bags are 12 Oz. will they (whole bean vs ground) yield the same amount of servings?
Thanks! BB

asked 10 months ago

They should yield the same.

The whole beans are completely ground, there's no waste or leftovers so one ounce of whole beans results in one ounce of ground coffee.

The volume should be roughly similar assuming the coarseness is identical.

That is, the volume after grinding the whole beans would be about the same. Which, if you like the coffee grind you’ve been using, it should be. The minor challenge is that If you’re used to taking, for example, a half cup of beans and grinding them for your morning coffee, you’re going to have to adapt. Exactly what amount you’ll use depends on both your beans and your grind size. All in all, weights would be easiest, but you’ll adapt regardless.

I often remark about how curious it is that we all make coffee every day without issues, but as soon as things change a little, we’re thrown for a loop!

They should yield the same.