Frozen fish

I bought some fresh salmon and froze it. Then yesterday around noon I thawed it on my kitchen counter  (I know) for at least 5 hours, till no longer frozen.  Then I put it back in the fridge.  Now its 7pm the next day, is it safe to eat?

asked by Debora Morgan 8 months ago

nutcakes

I would eat it myself. I don't know why you just didn't thaw it out in the fridge overnight in the first place. But I figure that on the counter it was frozen for 2 hours very cold for 2 hours and cool for the next hour. I'd eat it but I wouldn't serve improperly thawed fish to guests, elderly or children or anyone who didn't get to decide for themselves.