Cream substitute

If I substitute tofu for heavy cream in a porcini oven risotto (Silver Pallet Good Times) would the flavour be altered much?

asked by Molly Fuller 8 months ago

I was hoping someone with real experience would answer, but since it’s been a few hours now, I’ll go out on a limb and say that I think the substitution will work just fine. There are lots of quiche recipes that substitute silken tofu for cream, and when I went back and looked at the recipe in the cookbook, it seemed like a similar step. Good luck, and report back.

Molly Fuller

Thanks! It’s for a party in 10days...I’m hoping that there are enough flavours to hide any difference!

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris