🔕 🔔

Cream substitute

If I substitute tofu for heavy cream in a porcini oven risotto (Silver Pallet Good Times) would the flavour be altered much?

asked by Molly Fuller 5 days ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I was hoping someone with real experience would answer, but since it’s been a few hours now, I’ll go out on a limb and say that I think the substitution will work just fine. There are lots of quiche recipes that substitute silken tofu for cream, and when I went back and looked at the recipe in the cookbook, it seemed like a similar step. Good luck, and report back.

Thanks! It’s for a party in 10days...I’m hoping that there are enough flavours to hide any difference!