🔕 🔔

Lemon meringue cupcakes shelf life

Hi! I will be having a bake sale next month, and I really want to make lemon meringue cupcakes. Since I am a home baker I do not have access to professional kitchen nor do I have much storage. So, right now I am in a process of decided how and when I should make them. I would love to make them completely ready and decorated a day ahead and store at room temperature. However since I will be making them with lemon curd and French meringue, I am very unsure of shelf life and how I can store them best. I will be "torching" the meringue a bit. So maybe it would help with the shelf. I am a bit clueless and any tips and ideas are welcome!

Thank you in advance,
Paola

asked by Paola Pedersen 3 months ago

Food safety, not just taste and texture, might be at stake here.
Stilltasty.com recommends against storing lemon meringue pie at room temp more than two hours. Rather, 2-3 days maximum under refrigeration.
I would make them the morning of, and only enough to sell in under 2 hours
Or make another flavor/type that would hold safely at room temp.

Should read "Food safety is at stake here...

I read the link you refering to before posting the question, so I kind of new the answer, but I had to double check with others to be sure.

I already have 4 others flavors that I am going to make, so I am really hoping to whip up some lemon meringue cupcakes. Maybe it will work if I bake them a day before and decorate them with freshly whipped merengue just before the sale.

Anyhow, thank you for your answer.

Oh my! Sorry for the typos. A Norwegian who is trying to write on a iPhone at 11 pm...