Lemon + Lime Recipes Needed!

I have tons of SLICED lemons and limes leftover from a party - what can cook/bake to put them to good use?

asked by Sarah Yaffa 11 months ago

Bevi

Look up Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart: https://food52.com/recipes.... I also have a lemon marmalade recipe that you can retool: https://food52.com/recipes... In the future, order the Short Stack edition on Lemons, written by Alison Roman. If you buy her recent cookbook, Dining In, you will find dozens of recipes with lemons. You can also make a big batch of salad dressing using lemons and /or limes for the acid, instead of vinegar.

Bevi

Plus, you can stuff the lemon slices under the skin of a full roasted or cut up chicken dish, and also throw in the cavity of a roast chicken.

Regine

My lazy way to use up citrus slices: spa water. Just put a bunch of it in a pitcher of water, leave in fridge, consume your 8 cups/day of water for hydration.

Or take the lemon slices, toss with fennel, top with salmon fillets or a whole salmon and slow roast.

Laurie Colwin's lemon (and/or lime) chutney.

MMH
MMH

There are a number of recipes for whole fish which call for stuffing the cavity with citrus slices.

Moroccan cured lemons. Layer them with salt, optional spices (black peppercorns, a dried pepper if desired, whole cloves. Paula Wolfert's recipe is excellent. They take a month to cure. They are great to have on hand (chicken with lemon and olives is a wonderful Moroccan dish, but you can also use cured lemons in salad, or mashed into avocado (I have a recipe on the site for Moroccan Guacamole toast), or in cooked fish. A very little goes a long way.

Ina has a great recipe for lemon chicken that uses lemon slices. I’ve also used them in Veal Piccata.
Lime juice is a favorite on salads. If already sliced, stack them in a squeeze hinged hand held juicer and squeeze away! Lime juice is also great drizzled on shrimp cocktails.