🔕 🔔

cast iron fry pan vs. cast iron grill pan vs. plain heavy duty fry pan

which is better for vegetables, meat, eggs.

asked by LynnSomerstein 20 days ago

9 times (or more) out of 10 I'd do for cast iron. Great even hear at wide range of temps, can go in oven, on stovetop or barbecue. Can be used to grill, bake or fry...

"Even heat"

Should have specified I meant fry pan...can do more with it than grill pan.

E214a8df a3cc 4f8c 85de 96400c97682b  close up me india

Thank you Nancy.

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I agree with Nancy. My cast iron fry pan is a workhorse in my kitchen. One of my issues with the grill pan is food sliding down the sides.

I have all three! I am lucky to have inherited my grandmothers cast iron pan which is perfectly seasoned and I use it for savory cooking and for baking! It's my favorite kitchen tool. I even used it to press tortillas the other night! I do have a grill pan but it does not get used as much. It's much more of a bear to clean. I use it to grill chicken and cook down peppers and onions for fajitas but I truly get the same nice browning and char from my cast iron skillet.