🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Yoghurt & Spinach Dip, 'Borani Esfanaaj', in the Persian Manner

8fa810c4 a73d 43f4 aaf2 a2b56e1fe680  2016 1116 yoghurt spinach dip borani esfanaaj in the persian manner james ransom 332

I have a question about the recipe "Yoghurt & Spinach Dip, 'Borani Esfanaaj', in the Persian Manner" from shayma. The only dried mint I can find is spearmint. What kind of mint should I be using?

asked by Jean 15 days ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

added 1 day ago

I would assume dried spearmint! If you already made the recipe let us know how it turned out for you.

added 1 day ago

For Middle Eastern recipes, I dry -- in the microwave (!) -- the spearmint growing in a pot on the deck outside my kitchen. It would be cost effective for you to do the same, even if you have to buy a bunch of fresh mint.

Even if cost is not an issue, consider this: freshly dried mint is a thousand times better than the sad stuff sold in jars. Info on how to dry it using the microwave can be found here: https://www.maureenabood...

This technique works well for hardy herbs like oregano, thyme and rosemary.

Hope this helps. ;o)