🔕 🔔

Doogh

Do you make Doogh? I used to make it all the time and always used dried mint. Have you ever made with fresh mint? If so any tips on using the fresh herb. I tried it once and practically choked on the mint leaves, I was not able to chop fine enough. Maybe the food processor but what do you recommend if I wanted to use fresh. I have a ton in my garden and want to use it if I can.

35fa5ae6 e8a4 4aaf 9728 3527d39eca40  scarf

I LOVE doogh! I was introduced to it as a kid, and was so happy to drink it every day when I visited Istanbul a couple of years ago. I like to make it by whisking plain yogurt with dried mint. I add salt and pepper to season, then whisk in seltzer and garnish with fresh mint. You can pour it over ice, or not.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Thank you so much Louisa, I think I will stick to the dried mint as I have always had it. I am so with you, it's delicious and refreshing and I almost always use ice.

Yes, dried mint is a wonderful ingredient, the fresh mint is just for looks!

Thank you!

C405edfb eff8 43c8 8d2a 9c901ad00568  ozoz bw january2014

Oh boy....off to find out what doogh is! Love the sound of it though!!

Yes, just plain yogurt, full fat is best, seltzer or sparkling water, mint and a pinch of salt. It's so delicious. I make it by the pitcherful

Now that I know what it is....I love it and can imagine how refreshing it will be!

D1955838 dcaa 46e1 8765 0f59ee183327  portrait2

And it is incredibly healthy as well. This thread is bringing back happy memories. The food of the Middle-East is the great gift to the world ... and so healthy.