🔕 🔔

What if I add cloves to French Onion soup?

Will it ruin the soup?

asked by Valerie 9 days ago

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH

Personally, I do not like that flavor but I think it would overwhelm the dish.

22fd5949 f671 4eca 9819 de5858b39390  img 7382

I love cloves but not in French Onion soup. Yes, it would change the flavor. If you, personally, would like cloves add a dash (or a dried clove) to your soup bowl.

Aa802f58 3227 4bd7 a060 b77e03bc91a6  2011 unloaded 882

Yuck. Don't do it.

It will ruin the soup only if you or those to whom it's served don't like a taste of cloves.
There ARE recipes for French Onion soup that include cloves, so using them isn't (totally) beyond the pale, but it sounds strange.
Maybe make some Indian soups, or recipes which more commonly feature cloves.