🔕 🔔

how to use up a bunch of clementines

i have about a 50/50 success rate in choosing a box of clementines. i recently picked up a batch that are not great (you know they're like... kind of dry? that's the only way I can think to describe them).

do you have any suggestions for how to use up a bunch?

asked by jakestavis 2 months ago

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH

Maybe infused water?

22fd5949 f671 4eca 9819 de5858b39390  img 7382

Juice them, chill and enjoy.

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I juice them and use in marinades and dressings in place of lemon juice.

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

This has come up a few times recently; while I would not want to advocate throwing away food, I would also like to emphasize that by now, the growing areas have had plenty of cold weather, and spectacularly good tangerines are widely available for very low prices- by all means go out and buy another bag and eat them. If you can use up your inferior fruit for marmalades, marinades and the like by all means do so, but don't let it stop you from trying again with new fruit.

73729e6e 0dbf 4523 9f0a b87020c58e85  stringio

What is the flavor like, other than just being dry? So I'd make a marinade. I'd quarter them with the peels then blend up with some water or OJ, lime or lemon juice and/or some vinegar. Add salt, some sweetener, garlic and onion powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, etc. Just remember some additional water might need to be added so the blender can process the mix. Great for grilling chicken and pork. You can freeze it, too.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I love making an olive oil and clementine salad dressing this time of year. I find that I do not need to add any additional sweetener. It's delicious with citrus and avocado salads, fennel and greens salads, and slaws of all kinds. The ratio of juice to oil is higher than when using lemons.