I am making shrimp pasta can I substitute white wine with white wine vinegar?

Need answered asap

asked by Jashaun Dj Rackley 8 months ago

No. Better just water or broth.

Jashaun Dj Rackley

And will the water go well with cheese and whipping cream ?

If you use same volume of vinegar as recipe called for wine, the sauce will be too strongly sour.
Use about one-quarter volume vinegar and replace the rest of the wine volume with water or broth.

Jashaun Dj Rackley

Water will go better with cheese and cream than the vinegar will...vinegar might curdle the cream

It would be well worth the effort to get some wine, it's not that hard to come by. Vinegar is not a suitable substitute, nor is anything else, really.

nancy essig

I always have a bottle of white vermouth in the fridge for using in place of white wine in recipes. It lasts longer