Spring, meet grill pan—on sale for $99! Shop now »

How far in advance can I whip cream?

I always find it lasts several days in the fridge but did not know if there was some rule of thumb related to fluff and freshness.

asked by Summer of Eggplant about 6 years ago
9ef8cbfc c936 4992 b2ea c2466ec1cccd  adg specialists pictures 215
gt9

I have whipped cream a couple hours in advance, cover and refridgerate. I used a wisk to reconstitute if it gets a bit watery.
Even overnite if necessary.

I think it's best freshly whipped, but if you need to whip it in advance, add some gelatin (that's been rehydrated) to stabilize it. We use gelatin to stabilize items w/ whipped cream in the bakery where I work.

If you use real heavy cream, it can be whipped a day ahead. It holds it's shape nicely if you whip it stiff enough. Just be sure to cover it well and refridgerate. I never add anything, such as flavoring, until right before I use it. You can just lightly fold your flavoring in and it's good to go!