Tips for saving over-whipped cream?

Sometimes I over-whip my cream. Does anyone have strategies for saving over-whipped cream? I've heard something about folding in fresh cream, but I've never tried it.

asked by Marian Bull over 5 years ago

Here's Nancy Silverton's tip on saving the cream from her recipe here, "Nancy Silverton's Whipped Cream"
http://food52.com/recipes...

"Note: Salvaging extremely overwhipped cream can be done. You must add up to 1/4 cup of cold whipping cream and work it in, stirring with a rubber spatula to restore the proper consistency."

Mrs. Larkin... I love that.
"Many good inventions were first viewed as mistakes." Not sure of the author but it was someone from the 1800s and so not a Food52 contributor.

...not that butter wasn't invented before the 1800s :-)

dymnyno

I agree with Mrs. L. If you haven't already added sugar and/or vanilla the road to butter is easy and delicious.

Even with sugar/vanilla, the butter could be great for baking.

lizzyinthekitchen

I would go the butter route.

Gabriella

Just lower the speed and add a little bit of cream! Saves it every time.