Too much yeast in preferment--what to do?!

I've made this bread every week for the past 4 months, but tonight I oops'ed and added 1/2 tsp yeast to the preferment instead of the called-for 1/4 tsp. Should I reduce the yeast in the dough by 1/4 tsp when I make the rest tomorrow? Or should I add the full 2 tsp and just have extra-yeasty bread?! Help! https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/seeded-whole-grain-breakfast-bread/

asked by Alyssa 10 months ago

Stephanie B.

I think your preferment and bread will be fine, go ahead and reduce the yeast in your final dough, if you'd like. I made a bread recipe from preferment that called for 1/2tsp yeast, and one that called for 1/4tsp - the final dough called for an additional 1 1/2tsp yeast regardless of the preferment. For a second there I misread your question and thought it was a tbsp vs tsp issue and was really worried for your bread!

Alyssa

Ha! I'd have a bread-monster with a tpsp ;) Thanks for your input!