🔕 🔔

eggs

I bought eggs today and put most groceries away. Since the eggs were in a box (60 count), I didn't notice them still on the bar until I came back into the kitchen around 6 hours later. I did not see sweat on them and their temperature was still around 60 degrees when I stuck a thermometer in the box with them.
Are they safe? I hate to throw away 60 eggs if they are still good.

asked by Em 2 months ago

Fredrik Goldhahn

The are ok! You can store eggs in room temperature even the fridge is the more common way to store them!

I believe the main reason for using the frig is that they lose moisture more slowly- I remember reading a story about a guy driving all over India on a bicycle with some special eggs encased in grease.

They're fine. It was only 6 hours. Put them in the fridge. When you use them, rinse under water and then proceed. Actually, this is good practice with all eggs. Though I tend to forget to do this all the time.

Em
Em

Thanks for your replies!