eggs

I bought eggs today and put most groceries away. Since the eggs were in a box (60 count), I didn't notice them still on the bar until I came back into the kitchen around 6 hours later. I did not see sweat on them and their temperature was still around 60 degrees when I stuck a thermometer in the box with them.
Are they safe? I hate to throw away 60 eggs if they are still good.

asked by Em 7 months ago

Fredrik Goldhahn

The are ok! You can store eggs in room temperature even the fridge is the more common way to store them!

I believe the main reason for using the frig is that they lose moisture more slowly- I remember reading a story about a guy driving all over India on a bicycle with some special eggs encased in grease.

They're fine. It was only 6 hours. Put them in the fridge. When you use them, rinse under water and then proceed. Actually, this is good practice with all eggs. Though I tend to forget to do this all the time.

Em
Em

Thanks for your replies!

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris