I am currently struggling to find a nice recipe for salmon carpaccio with garlic aioli for my appetizer. Can someone please help.

I am a fresh culinary student. I need a nice recipe to cook for our exam. 😟

asked by Jadz Carl Adsuara Alagbate 8 months ago

What's the struggle?
A particular ingredient or technique you want but can't find?
Or want one tested by someone here?

PS there's a salmon carpaccio recipe here. And I like Julia child's recipe for garlic aioli from Mastering.

I think you might need to search for "salmon crudo" which is specific to seafood while carpaccio is specifically beef. Here's a basic crudo recipe and looks delicious: https://cooking.nytimes...

Nancy has already provided a good garlic aioli recommendation.

I stand corrected (by my backseat typist). Carpaccio can be meat or fish. But I think you'll find the crudo will give you more results in Search.

HalfPint...when I searched, I also found lots of yummy sounding smoked salmon carpaccio, but I doubt that's what the student was looking for. Also, stretches the meaning of "carpaccio" even further.

There's a salmon carpaccio recipe in "Chez Panisse Cooking" (1998). This is a very popular dish at a now-venerable restaurant and there are tons of photos online from various diners.

Salmon carpaccio makes an encore appearance in "The Art of Simple Food II" (2013) with slightly different flavorings but the basics are the same: slice/pound some salmon, put on a plate, season with salt/pepper, add some spices/herbs for flavor, sprinkle with olive oil and lemon juice. Make pretty with some garnish (multicolored bell pepper brunoise in the earlier recipe).

Neither recipe includes aïoli, so just make that separately, to be served on the side or perhaps drizzled over.

Best of luck.

Correction: "Chez Panisse Cooking" was published in 1988, not 1998.