A question about a recipe: Meera Sodha's Mum's Chicken Curry

546bb29f ecbc 42aa 9e0c b90bf7ade360  2017 0412 moms chicken curry bobbi lin 22442

I have a question about the recipe "Meera Sodha's Mum's Chicken Curry" from Food52. Do you ever remove the cumin seeds and cinnamon sticks? If so, when?

asked by someonewhobakes 7 months ago

Nope, they are left in.

Cumin seeds are too small to remove individually. The cinnamon sticks should be fairly easy to fish out.

If the thought of those two spices remaining in curry is upsetting, just tie them up in a piece of cheesecloth and retrieve before serving.

Best of luck.

If you want to remove them, use the cheesecloth suggestion from cv.
A good point where they could be removed is after infusing the ghee-oil combination at the beginning of the recipe.

Whole cumin seeds cooked with liquid are actually quite nice (if you like cumin)- I use them sometimes in mixed rice dishes and the like.