A question about a recipe: Orange and Passionfruit Cake with Passionfruit Cream Cheese Icing

237a8c93 d673 45c8 a30c 5bacd1c57235  1490309999593 1024x1024

I have a question about the recipe "Orange and Passionfruit Cake with Passionfruit Cream Cheese Icing" from Jordan Rondel, The Caker. How many cc does a passion fruit gives?

asked by M.Dumont 2 months ago

Don't know about the cc, but 18g pulp estimated from each fruit, and in cooking grams usually equal ml.
Since cup of pulp is 236g (same site), and recipe calls for 6 fruits, you'll need about 108g or about 1/2c pulp
http://nutritiondata.self...

M.Dumont

Many thanks. I just made the cake and it looks very nice. I also made a syrup with blanched orange rind and passion fruit pulp to serve with instead of the cream cheese icing that we do not like. We will see how it is in a few hours.

Oh good.
Looking forward to hearing how both cake and syrup taste. :)