Quinoa, lemon tahini salad. Cukes and radishes soften. Is there a way to keep them crisp?

I've been making a quinoa salad that is delicious and an easy go-to meal or snack. Lemon-tahini dressing, cukes, green onion, radishes, grape tomatoes. But the cukes and radishes wilt and are less than the perfect texture. Any advice on how to keep them crisp?

asked by Runi 7 months ago

My mother use to salt cucumbers and radishes to draw out the water and keep them crisp. She would slice, toss with salt, and drain. Salting draws out the liquid that would make things soggy.

Runi

I'll give it a try. I figured it was the salt in the dressing that was causing the wilted veggies but maybe your way will work. Thank you!