A question about a recipe: Portable Pork Sandwich (An homage to my favorite purveyor of pork at the flea)

88e4704d 8b48 4e10 8d19 a6b5ae72c26f  2018 0418 portable pork sandwich 3x2 ty mecham 017

I have a question about the recipe "Portable Pork Sandwich (An homage to my favorite purveyor of pork at the flea)" from sdebrango. What is done with the garlic-parsley-pepper mixture in step 1 of the slaw recipe? After this step the mixture is sitting in a bowl to let the flavors meld, but the instructions do not mention adding it to the slaw or the dressing.

asked by ShayB about 2 months ago

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

added about 2 months ago

Hi ShayB, I believe that Step 1 is the sauce, which is then mentioned in again in Step 2: "Pull some of that delicious pork (you can dip the pork in the pan juices and place in the warm flat bread and drizzle with the sauce."

ShayB
added about 2 months ago

Thanks for your reply. I finally figured that out once I noticed that neither the lemon or olive oil were mentioned in the instructions either, but if added to the dry ingredients in step 1 would make a sauce.

ShayB
added about 2 months ago