A question about a recipe: CHOCOLATE CARAMELIZED ORANGE TART

59669817 3300 4cbd 9b88 8c47a108b0f6  030

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "CHOCOLATE CARAMELIZED ORANGE TART" from Ginger's Kitchen. It says:

"MAKE THE FILLING: In a medium saucepan, bring cream to a boil and then immediately remove from heat. Add chocolate and let stand 5 minutes. In the meantime, whisk the eggs, vanilla, honey, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk the chocolate until it is incorporated into the cream. Whisk the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture slowly in a continous stream. "

Due to health challenges...I avoid uncooked eggs...does this technique bring the eggs to a sufficiently high temperature to eliminate the chance of salmonella?

asked by Ellenkappy over 7 years ago

Hi there - yes they are then baked so you are safe - whisk like mad when incorporating so they don't scramble!!!!!