A question about a recipe: CHOCOLATE CARAMELIZED ORANGE TART

59669817 3300 4cbd 9b88 8c47a108b0f6  030

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "CHOCOLATE CARAMELIZED ORANGE TART" from Ginger's Kitchen. It says:

"MAKE CRUST: Place cookies in a food processor and pulse until it becomes like a coarse meal. Spray a regular pie pan with cooking spray and then press the cookie mixture into the pan - on the base and up the sides." --what is the butter used for, is it melted and added to the crumb crust? Thanks for your help!!!

asked by AppleAnnie over 7 years ago

littleknitter

Yup, melt the butter and add it to the cookies in order to form the crust - it's the same principle as a graham cracker crust. Happy baking!

Whoops! We forgot part of the recipe - I will go fix it now!!!

Ginger's Kitchen

OK it's fixed - melted butter goes with the cookies just as littleknitter says - thanks for catching that!!!!