IS THERE A SUBSTITUTE FOR white wine in a recipe?

My husband is a successful recovered alcoholic. I need to substitute the wine. Thank you.

asked by Carolyn 5 months ago

I have a terrible reaction to wine so I leave it out and add broth and/or water.

As BB says, broth & water are good options.
If the recipe needs or can stand a sweet note, try white grape juice or some other fruit juice...diluted if necessary.

Depending on what you are making, a squeeze of fresh lemon will add a bright note (for example to sauteéd mushrooms). It's what I use when I don't have wine leftover and don't want to open a bottle for a small amount.

Carolyn

Thank you so much. Appreciate all answers. Very helpful.

Um, he is not recovered he is "in recovery" and will be for the rest of his life, or one day at a time.