What's the best way to braise/roast a small pork shoulder (2.5 pounds) for use in thirshfeld's Pork Lo Mein with Chinese Celery? Thanks! ;o)

The main thing is to dissolve the collagen so it shreds nicely which means an internal temp of around 200º F for an hour (if I remember correctly.) You could cook it like you do for carnitas (braised in a dutch oven) or what I'd probably do is cook it like I do for indoor pulled pork -- Brine the pork shoulder, then cook on a rack over a rimmed baking sheet, lower middle rack of oven at 325º F covered with foil for 3 hours, then remove the foil and cook another 1 to 1 & 1/2 hours, until the internal temp is 200º. When I do this it's with a boneless pork shoulder, that's been sliced horizontally in half, so you may need to adjust the times.

Hey, thanks, HLA. Never done it that way. Bet it makes the exterior really nice. I was actually interested in what other ingredients to put on or around it while cooking, to make the flavor more interesting. ;o)