A question about a recipe: Lemon Mascarpone Pie With Meringue Anemones

6bb67ce6 e9ca 4383 8a22 40f7c3a408d8  2018 0503 flower pie lemon poppyseed w toasted meringue anemones 3x2 julia gartland 368

I have a question about the recipe "Lemon Mascarpone Pie With Meringue Anemones" from Erin McDowell. Its been in the oven for an hour now and still hasn't set. Do i just take it out? it's definitely thickened and is bubbling-- and the top is turning brown.

asked by Inga 7 months ago

former Community Editor

Hi there Inga, I'm sorry you didn't get an answer to this in time. How did your pie turn out?

Inga

I took it out after an hour and fifteen minutes -- it did not set all the way but still tasted great! and the flowers turned out beautifully.

former Community Editor

Glad it tasted (and looked!) great!

Erin McDowell
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

Hi Inga, I believe we started to address your question via Instagram, but since you used homemade mascarpone, you may need to add an additional egg to achieve the same level of setting.