A question about a recipe: Chocolate Caramels

76863d5c d71a 4d72 922a 136d33d454a6  15815047644 78211e0db4 b

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Caramels" from Erin McDowell. Hi! I can not eat corn syrup. Can you suggest a possible alternative I can use? Thanks so much!

asked by Amy 4 months ago

I think you can use a mild flavored honey.

Exbruxelles

You can use agave nectar...just use approximately half as much and add more of whatever liquid is called for.

Alex

Golden syrup is made from cane sugar and I use it instead of corn syrup in recipes. It tastes much better.

I also cannot eat corn syrup. I substitute Steen's Cane Syrup (you can get it on amazon), or I make my own syrup with cane sugar and water.